Welcome to my blog! Hope you enjoy reading it and do feel free to comment.


Friday, March 7, 2008

Hair Raising Story

.....................................................................................................................................................................
It was a very comfortable ride to college last Thursday. It’s very rare to find an empty train to Churchgate in the peak rush hours. Before the scheduled departure, I managed to pick up a newspaper from a local vendor on the same platform.


After a long time I had managed to get a window seat. As I sat down to read the newspaper, a pamphlet about A4 size dropped on the floor. I picked it up and decided to put it away, when some bold text on the paper “DHAMAKA OFFER”, caught my eye. I kept the newspaper aside and started reading the pamphlet.


The pamphlet advertised an ‘A/C Salon’ that had come out with this “DHAMAKA OFFER” to grab customers. To emphasize this point, it had fireworks printed on its margins. Right in the centre, there was a sketch of a ‘sutli bomb’. It boasted of famous international brands of cosmetics and other products such as ‘Garner’ and ‘Lorel’.


The best part of the pamphlet was these lines:


“Tired of your hair style?”


“Well, try our colour or highlights them & your face (!) Both will shine!”


“You will get bleach for FREE! Imagine!”


“The new hair & beauty salon for ‘ments’ – you care for your hair, for your looks, for your face!”


Obviously, it was a ‘beauty salon’ for gents (or men; not a remix). But what was not so obvious was a sketch of a female next to this line.


“What are you waiting there? Call now before very late!”


Very rarely rides in a local train to college are this entertaining. (Okay, I know I have a very bad sense of humour – not my fault – it has happened to me since I took up medicine.)


(Unfortunately, the one making the pamphlet is solely responsible for all the mistakes: grammatical, factual or otherwise)

3 comments:

Sam said...

now we know, where you get your hair done from.

Modular Form said...

ya, when u don't get it done in pre-op shaving...

Sam said...

Q: Why does Aniruddha always hurt himself wile shaving?
............................................................................................................
A: Because he shaves in the prone position!!!!

I think this comment will raise my standards in aniruddha's eyes.