Welcome to my blog! Hope you enjoy reading it and do feel free to comment.


Monday, April 6, 2009

Few Good Things…

This week in EMS was better than the last.
1. I managed to put an intravenous cannula in almost all patients in one prick. Even in a person who was convulsing.

2. I almost put a central line. Of course I needed help.

3. I managed to avoid needle stick injuries. That reminds me – I’m yet to take my booster for hepatitis B. Shit.

4. I’m lucky I have good co-interns. We divided the work and so that each one of us could sleep for at least an hour every night in the side room of EMS.

5. There was a huge raada in the casualty one night. The next day, there was a fight amongst the interns posted in paediatrics and EPR. Its fun to watch people fight.

6. I learnt (read: memorised) few sentences in Marathi. “Arre gap bas. Ek sui lavaychi aahe.”

7. We agreed to teach a police security guard how to collect blood. In return, he promised to save us in case an angry relative decides to wring our necks. However, the deal didn’t materialise.

8. We learnt how to use the police walkie-talkie. It’s a fun thing.

9. I’ve had at least a kilo of ice-cream this week. EMS is cool!

10. A friend of mine agreed to pole dance on my funeral, whenever it happens. According to her, that will attract at least some people to attend the ritual.

7 comments:

Tangled up in blue... said...

LOL..nice post...

looks like internship in the EMS is definitely eventful..:D

and yes, it is rather fun to watch ppl have a go at each other..;)

Tangled up in blue... said...

and yes, I'll def come to a funeral that has pole dancing!

Dr.Mohit Garg said...

And i am sure that 1 kg ice cream would not have increased your weight by 1 gm......you missed out with the police men...should have asked to fire a bullet instead..he he..

Sam said...

who is the pole dancer?
i want her for my funeral too...

Aniruddha Agarwal said...

@Karishma: I'll keep place for u in the front rows :-)

@Mohit: Its sad to see the policemen posted in our hospitals (and elsewhere) are so helpless that they are not even provided with a lathi, leave alone a gun.

@Sambo: Think of something else! She's booked!

Ananya said...

Who were the paeds interns? Its good to know who all are fighting...

Aniruddha Agarwal said...

@ Ananya: You can be one of them too if u want!